Hospice care is the provision of emotional support, medical services and spiritual care for people who are in their last stages of terminal diseases like cancer and heart failure. It helps family members to cope with caring for a dying loved one and emotionally prepares them to live life after the family member.
This care keeps you comfortable hospice in orange county and improves on your quality of life while you are dying. Remember that terminal illnesses are very painful at their final stages therefore patients are very uncomfortable due to the pain plus they are distressed hence they need some care to improve their quality of life by showing them love. Unlike other medical services meant to cure your disease or prolong your dying process, hospice care focus on relieving pain and other symptoms.
These services are available any day at anytime and some are even available in nursing homes, hospitals and other health facilities.
– Basic medical care that’s aimed at relieving your pain and disease symptoms.
– Supply of medicines and equipment as you need them.
– Counseling to offer you and your family support to help in mental, spiritual and emotional preparation.
– Guidance with the issues associated with life clearance.
– Gives a break for other caregivers like family and friends who always care for you while you are sick.
– Offers volunteer support like meal preparation and performing chores.
– Counseling and support for your loved ones after you die.
Hospice Services Participants.
Usually hospice services are provided in your home by a caring and close family member but a medical practitioner who is part of your hospice team will be visiting you regularly. The hospice team includes: pharmacists, respiratory therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, music therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists. In case of emergency or fear a nurse can be called to your home using the emergency numbers that work 24 hours of the day.
People who need care.
For one to be referred to hospice care:
– Suffering from a terminal illness that has been termed incurable by doctors.
– Your doctor has determined that your life expectancy is less than half a year.